Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Celebration!!!

Oh, my, I forgot my celebration! Before I left the gym today I decided I would weigh myself. Last time I weighed was at my doctor appointment July 9th. I was at 223 pounds—yikes! Today….drum roll....I weighed in at 221 pounds. OMG, what a disappointment! Two lousy pounds! OK, better than nothing or gaining. But I’ve been working my butt off! Sigh, little tear. I grabbed my stuff, stomped out to the car. “Humph, is this all worth it,” I thought? I took a deep breath and reminded myself, that I’m in this to get healthy first and foremost. Grrr…I don’t feel healthier, just bone tired and sore! Another sigh and more tears…darn hormones!!!! Deep breath…dried up those tears and went and bought a BIG watermelon! But than, after settling down, I had a little epiphany! My pants are looser and wasn’t I just telling myself that I need a smaller bra (absolutely the FIRST place I lose anything!) And hey, I have gone up in weights and it’s not taking me as long to go through the circuit…oh, oh and, yes, MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT! So, I am celebrating 2 pounds!!!!! I’m celebrating that I do have the courage to go it alone! I am celebrating that I got over my first real slump (see yesterday’s post). And I am celebrating the encouragement of complete strangers that have become good extended friends—who knows, one day our paths might cross and we’ll actually meet! So big thanks and hugs to Cammy and Skye for their inspirational blogs and words of wisdom and to Jess (my texting buddy) who reminded me that I am sexy inside and out and who above all, helps me keep it real!

2 comments:

  1. Woo-HOO! Two pounds is a LOT to celebrate! ::happy dance!::

    Keep in mind that as you build muscle, your metabolism will increase and you'll burn calories more efficiently. I didn't understand that when I first started, and I had a minor hissy fit when I had "only" lost 10 pounds after six weeks. Three months later, I'd lost 45 pounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cammy! The other issue I thought about today was with the hot weather I tend to retain a lot of fluid (have for years when hot) Got on scale today to double check and yup was up 3 pounds and have nasty kankles!!! So for now I will rely on my bra size--LOL

    ReplyDelete