Friday, August 3, 2012

A New Partnership


It is not only one person's work, it's really a 
partnership and collaboration...
--Christo


Ugh! Went missing again didn’t I?  Boy, can life get busy, or at the very least perceived as busy!  The truth is I haven’t been so busy that I couldn’t write, or exercise or do a lot of things I should be doing.  I just slipped back into that sloth mode again, finding comfort in wasted time on the computer, napping and indulging in ice cream.  Basically I’ve been taking the easy way out.  Ok and not facing the harsh reality in that damn mirror!!!!  I’ve been quite good at being elusive to that Lady in the Mirror these past 6 weeks or so.  She stares out at me and I turn my back or scamper away.  I am not ready for another tongue lashing from her! 

However, she has out smarted me once again, that Lady in the Mirror!  She snuck into the doctor’s office with me today!!!!  She brought the interrogation speech with her and tattled on me! Humph…  Except this time I’m not upset, not in the least.  I have a new doctor who is wonderful and providing me with his ACTIVE support and we put together a really great plan today that will get me where I need to be sooner than later!

It’s not that I don’t have support at home, because my family has been wonderful.  But the thing is with family and friends, they want you to be happy.  So when you’re in the motivate mode they cheer, when you start to slip they give a little push, and when you slip some more they back off because they don’t want you to feel bad (or yell at them!)  But my doctor, while he wants me to be happy, he first and foremost wants me to be healthy!  And this man is so much more tactful than that Lady in the Mirror! We all know it’s so much easier to be ‘nice’ to someone you’re not close too.  There will be no pulling the wool over his eyes, as blood tests and scales don’t lie. He told me that if I am willing to put in the work then he is more than willing to give me the time, the tools and direction to keep me on our plan. 

So I am going to take another stab at making some much needed lifestyle changes...  I know. I know, I’ve said it before how many times!?  But the domino effect of poor choices, denial and self pity are taking a toll on my body.  I will no longer use my body screaming in pain at the simplest tasks, my lungs burning from lack of oxygen, the weather (oh my has it been HOT!), icky vegetables, time, emotions or the hundreds of other, sometimes quite creative excuses not to get healthy!  I am returning to the gym, I’m going back to what was successful for me before as far as food choices and exercise and I AM NOT giving in to what everyone else thinks is healthy for me.  I have a plan!!!!  A real, solid, do-able plan with a safety net should I falter.

I am excited to start this endeavor and finally reach my health and fitness goals....  And I am oh so happy to have an objective partner to keep me honest and on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment