Monday, July 19, 2010

Derailed--Momentarily!

Well, it's been almost a week since I have been here.  And I do have a VERY legitimate excuse!  I got derailed by a nasty bout of pneumonia.  Am starting to feel human again--or at least having human moments here and there.  So, have not exercised.  Heck, haven't done much of anything but sleep for the last week!  I wonder if excessive coughing counts as exercise?  If it does, then I have done a marathon of abdominal works outs!!!  One great thing about all this is I have quit smoking!  Really!!!  And I have no desire to ever smoke again.  There have been a few fleeting moments where maybe I've wanted to, but then I start coughing and the thought goes away.  I am cheating and using nicotine patches, but that's OK!  And as I start to feel better, I have decided that if and when the urge hits me, I will stand up and do jumping jacks or something active until the urge leaves!  I am hopeful that tomorrow I can do a short walk or two without losing a lung....

Next Post:  Chasing Demons

No comments:

Post a Comment